GRACE is a OSX-like GTK theme for GNOME.
- This pack comprises of the GTK theme and the emerald theme. I didn't do a Metacity theme because I don't know how. Feel free to port one and credit me in your port;
- The GTK has been made with the Global-Menu app in mind, so if you're not a Global Menu user you may want to make a few tweaks to make this acceptable for yourself (for example, commenting any "font_name" styles you find in the gtkrc file);
- This theme is pure Murrine GTK and uses the newest revision of the Murrine-SVN GTK engine. You can find instructions on installing this engine HERE;
- I recommend KingCam's OS X Leopard panel for the top panel. Check out his profile;
- That's Gnome-Do's Docky at the bottom.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed toolbar icon size bug