GLCARS project is Gregor's LCARS theme for KDE.
Believe it or not, I didn't create this solely because I'm such a trekkie. My main reason is that LCARS (though not real) is a sensible theme for tablet PCs.
I've also created a fairly gawdy widget set. It's included in the download, but is not in the default theme. You can install it afterwards. It's bright, colorful, and has pill-shaped buttons, like LCARS.
If you'd like your panel to look like mine in the screenshot:
1) Move you main panel to the left of the screen.
2) Set its width to 100*(w/1600), where w is the width of your screen.
3) Make it transparent.
4) Add buttons to it as you please (the images I used are included)
5) Create a KasBar, put it at the top of the screen. Make it large for 1024x768, perhaps larger for higher resolutions.
Note: You may have to mess around with kasbar to make it work properly. I can't help much, sorry.
6) Add another panel, also aligned to the top.
7) Adjust your new panel's height to taste. I have mine set to 54, for a 1024x768 screen.