Equinox GTK Engine is a heavily modified version of the beautiful Aurora engine (1.4). Thanks to his author.
The file below contains both engine and themes (GTK and Metacity) in two separate archives.
First of all, make sure you have installed the GTK+ library development files (libgtk2.0-dev on Debian/Ubuntu, gtk2-devel on Fedora) with your favourite package manager.
Then to compile the Equinox engine, extract the corresponding archive in your home folder. In the new directory, run the following commands:
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-animation
On Fedora 64 bits (and perhaps other distribs), compilation don't work with the options above. You must run:
./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-animation
Finally, run this command as root:
To install the themes, extract the content of the other archive in your ~/.themes.
The colour used for selected items is dark grey by default, but you can easily change it (and adjust other colours) in Appearance preferences.
* curvature = 2.5
* menubarstyle = 1 # 0 = flat, 1 = gradient
* toolbarstyle = 1 # 0 = flat, 1 = gradient
* buttonstyle = 0 # 0 = normal, 1 = glassy
* menuitemstyle = 0 # 0 = normal, 1 = glassy
* listviewheaderstyle = 0 # 0 = normal, 1 = glassy
* scrollbarstyle = 0 # 0 = normal, 1 = glassy, 2 = normal with grip, 3 = glassy with grip
* scalesliderstyle = 0 # 0 = normal, 1 = glassy, 2 = normal with bullet
* checkradiostyle = 0 # 0 = normal, 1 = glassy
* animation = TRUE # FALSE = disabled, TRUE = enabled
* arrowsize = 0.1 # controls combo_arrow circle size. Diameter set by (11 + 2 * arrowsize)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New option resizegripstyle
· New value for menubaritemstyle option (return of the original style !)