Elementary Refresh 1.1
A refreshed version of the Elementary theme
- No more handle on the notification area applet.
- Indicator applet icons are less wide.
- Default window button layout in theme is close,minimize,maximize:menu as it is meant to be.
- Tooltips are white text on translucent black ala Ambiance.
- Terminal is themed with white text on a black translucent background to be consistent with tooltips and other elementary elements.
- Removed thick grey borders from around nautilus file view.
- Default cursor theme set to DMZ-Black due to better contrast with and fit into the rest of the theme.
Theme depends on the Elementary icon set. To get it, go to Icons and sort by most popular, then download it. The theme also depends on the murrine and aurora GTK engines, just as elementary does. Also, for nautilus to look as it does in the screenshot you will need the latest elementary-nautilus.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added breadcrumbs from Elementary-mod