Elementary ELMod is a mod of the Elementary theme for GNOME desktops.
First of all: all credits goes to : ~DanRabbit (http://danrabbit.deviantart.com/)
The original Elementary Theme is here: (http://danrabbit.deviantart.com/art/elementary-gtk-theme-83104033).
I made some changes on some components and colors to meet my personal taste, so I will not blame you all if you realy hate this mod.
Here are the changes:
1. Recolor the scrollbar to Selected items background colorscheme.
2. Nautilus Elementary zoom slider now use murrine engine. the original was pixmap.
3. Change check/radio buttons & make them smaller.
4. Smaller statusbar & toolbar text size.
5. Smaller gnome main menu icon size.
6. Progressbar now squared & recolorable to Selected items background colorscheme.
7. Add space between tabs and make their round value smaller
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.