DaNorcia Pack is a GTK theme featuring:
1) theme + metacity (extract and copy in /usr/share/themes) ... few lines, all-white background, small buttons and arrows ecc.
2) icons + cursors (extract and copy in /usr/share/icons) ... mixed from various sets
3) emerald (extract and import with Emerald theme manager)
4) personal compiz settings, plus Cube - but not good idea in Natty (extract and import profile with Compiz manager preferences)
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.