Chameleon Hydroxygen Theme 1.01
Chameleon theme for your GNOME desktop
Chameleon will depend on Hydroxygen Light Plus.
The main feature, as you can easily imagine by the name is that this theme changes color, following the Hydroxygen folder's one.
- Changes color to metacity
- Changes color to panel
- Changes color to start icon
- Sets correct icons to Video/Documents/etc. folders
- Changes menu color
- Changes toolbar color
- Changes scrollbar color
- Changes text color for dark/light themes
- Changes button colors
- Changes input color
- Changes window colors
Become root and copy the content of the tar in /usr/share/themes :
- From a terminal: sudo nautilus /usr/share/themes
- Extract the content in /usr/share/themes
- If all is correct in /usr/share/themes/Chameleon you will see 2 folders and an index file
- Close all but the terminal
- Enter: sudo chmod 777 -R /usr/share/themes/Chameleon
You are done with Chameleon theme part, for now you need to install Hydroxygen LP too, install instructions are on that project's page.
Comments and/or suggestions are always apreciated, as explaination for "down" votes.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
Chameleon Hydroxygen Theme
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Autorefresh feature