Bridge is a 'bridge' to bring GTK 2 and Qt applications along on your journey to enjoying GNOME 3 with Adwaita.
It is currently very much in the Alpha stage- there are many inaccuracies, some missing states, and a few rough images. However, I think this is close enough for a first release.
I had issues with the progressbars- if anyone has experience making them both rounded and use a repeating pattern with the pixmap engine, I'd be very interested in hearing from you.
If you spot something that isn't consistent with Adwaita, or you have an application that doesn't look quite right, please comment (better yet, submit a patch).
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
· Pixmap engine
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· LibreOffice menubar borders removed
· Eclipse toolbars fixed
· Chromium background color corrected
· Active scrollbar state added
· Correct padding and colors for tooltips
· Various corrections and additions