Ambiance & Radiance Themes for Xfce/Open is a GTK theme, a complete port of Ambiance & Radiance to Xfce and Openbox with native window decorations and all.
Now you can easily have the look and feel and unified desktop experience of the Ambiance/Radiance themes (Default Ubuntu Themes) on your XFCE and Openbox desktops.
(Based on the official Ambiance & Radiance themes, This is not however by the official Ambiance/Radiance team. but we made as few changes as possible.
Includes both: Ambiance & Radiance GTK2&3 Widget and Window border themes.
* Build to work with GTK3! Other Xfce or LXDE themes that don't support GTK3 yet look like Win95(TM) when running gtk3 apps! This theme won't do that!
* Installs as a separate theme from the main Ambiance/Radiance, for use with XFCE/Openbox only. (please use official Ambiance/Radiance for Gnome/Unity)
* Includes Ambiance/Radiance Window Borders for Xfce and Openbox! (Xfwm4,Openbox)
This theme Aims to be a complete and accurate port of the Ambiance/Radiance Themes for XFCE/Openbox. We have made great strides to make sure it is accurate and complete. It uses the offical Ambiance/Radiance code modified only sligtly to work on XFCE/Openbox desktops. And *ports of* the official window borders for XFCE (XFWM4) and LXDE (Openbox) in both Ambiance/Radiance flavors. We have updated and made small fixes to the window border themes as well as totally implemented the Radiance on top of XFCE (XFWM4) and LXDE (Openbox) (Not previously available). You will find this theme is probably the most complete package out there to easily have the unified experience of Ambiance/Radiance on the LXDE and Openbox since out of the box that theme doesn't really support such desktops.
Brought to you by(Based on):
Ambiance/Radiance Themes Designed and created By: Kenneth Wimer, James Schriver, Andrea Cimitan (C) 2010-2011 GPL Canonicol LTD.
Ambiance Openbox (Window Borders) By: David Barr (C) 2010 GPL. (http://david.chalkskeletons.com/)*We use the original and,then ported Radiance based on this.
Ambiance for XFCE(Window Borders) By: p0ng (C) 2010 GPL (http://www.p0ng.com.br)*We have applied fixes and ported Radicane based on this.
RAVEfinity (C) 2011+ RAVEfinty, (www.ravefinity.blogspot.com) -We brought all the pieces together, applied and made fixes ,
and changed the GTK theme to work on XFCE/LXDE. And made this a unified package.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Lots Fixes and enhancements to XFWM4 and Openbox Window Borders!
· Now you can select what side you want the XFCE window buttons on! and arrange as you like! (Defaults to XFCEs Preference) -Yeah Merry Christmas :)
· XFCE Window Border theme now has a pretty window menu button.
· Fixes to XFCE Window border so it looks good no matter how many buttons are on the window.
· Fixes to Openbox theme, Title now centered. Dark version has a menu outline.