An Elementary theme for GNOME
Icon theme is just the elementary mono dark icons from the elementary-icon-theme package of the elementary ppa.
The tar.gz contains:
* Almost-Elementary gtk2, gtk3 and metacity theme. (metacity is basically just adwaita in a little less... HUGE) (goes into /usr/share/themes/ )
* gnome-shell-theme - the theme folder for gnome shell - directly taken from /usr/share/gnome-shell/.
You should know what you are doing if you want to use this. And make backups.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- fixes for the updated adwaita-engine.
- new download link