Absolute Luna 20-10-2011
A mod of the Absolute theme for your GNOME desktop
The differences between Absolute and this version:
- Removed some features in gtkrc that required the new versions of murrine engine. This version works with murrine 0.90.3.6, the one that comes with Debian Squeeze.
- Changed some colors and the iconset requred (now Faience Azure)
- Changed metacity theme to have the focused window title coloured as gtk selected_bg. This gives it a less modern look (no menubar-titlebar unification), but makes it easier to distinguish which window has the focus, expecially whith focus following, and the user can change it's colour.
- The menu background is white, like in clearlooks.
- Buttons and menu items are more squared.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New variant with dark panel