Google Calendar Screenlet is a GNOME screenlet that puts your Google calendar on your desktop.
EASY INSTALL FOR UBUNTU
1. If Screenlets PPA is not already enabled on your system, either from software sources manager or terminal add ppa:screenlets-dev/ppa to the list of software sources (see http://www.screenlets.org/index.php/Download for help).
2. Refresh package list and install googlecalendar-screenlet from your favourite package manager or by clicking automatic installation link provided below.
If you don't use Screenlets PPA you have to manually install python-gdata package 2.0.10 or later (see http://code.google.com/p/gcalscreenlet/wiki/Installation for further instructions).
MORE ABOUT THE SCREENLET
Notice, that you can import basically any local or remote ICS calendar through your Google account. Since calendars are parsed by Google Data API, the representation of data should be highly accurate.
Please feel free to submit any new themes for the screenlet!
Screenlets is the name of both a set of independently-developed widget applications and the widget engine which runs them. The engine runs primarily on X11-based compositing window managers, most notably the Compiz (under Linux) architecture.
Here are some key features of "Google Calendar Screenlet":
· Displays calendar entries from all your calendars including calendars that you subscribes to.
· Choose which calendars to display by changing the "show on list"-value on google calendar web site.
· Enter your google account credentials on the properties tab.
· Google Data Python API
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added gCal to the new official Screenlets PPA
· Added DIY overkill for customizing event list