Service Menu Editor 0.2
A simple way of editing the right-click menus that you see when using Dolphin
The reason I wrote this application is because I noticed a lot of menus had not been ported to KDE4, rather than port them, I thought "why not write an application so everyone can make these menus easily.". So I did.
The website has more information and download links.
If we wanted to make a right click menu for compressing a file with GZip we would do the following:
1. Launch servicemenueditor.py
2. Click Add
3. In the box type the name so "compress"
4. In the next dialog screen, we need to say we want to work on all files, so we select Application/octet-stream in the top box
5. Under Name we type "Compress Files". This is what appears to the user in the "Actions" Menu.
6. Under Exec we type the command needed. In this case "gzip %u"
Service Menu Editor
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Debian packages (see page for details)
- Completely redesigned interface
- Bug Fixes