Krip2clip is a basic service menu for KDE and command-line tool to extract raw clips from a DVD, or an ISO image of a DVD.
· choose minimum duration of chapters to select (in order not to rip to small chapters !)
· ask for a screen to select chapters
· merge contiguous selected chapters
· force encoding of audio tracks in AC3 in order to avoid noises in result video
· choose from existing subtitles
Just follow the dialog to use the tool.
It can be called by right-click action menu under your Desktop, Konqueror and Dolphin.
Please, unzip the file to your home location and see the INSTALL text for instructions about how to setup (in doc/[lang]/ folder)
This package can simply be installed from a console opened in the uncompressed folder location by typing "./setup.sh".
It needs Rexx-regina package and HandBrakeCLI command to be installed in addition to Kdialog and KDE standard packages.
The HandBrakeCli command can directly be installed within the setup process (third option).
Note : When interrupted "sadly", HandBrakeCLI command don't delete its temporary files. They are in the /tmp folder, called hb.##### where ##### is a number. So you can delete them anytime you need or want to.
This is a beta version, but fully functionnal, so feel free of reporting bugs or ask for improvement requests.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Bug fixing on subtitles choice number matching titles
- New Features : Choice for audio tracks + HQ video encoding