Events Plasma Runner is a plugin that provides you ability to add new events or todos to your calendar from KRunner (Alt+F2). With this runner you may enter into KRunner something like following:
* `event Project deadline; 13.02.2010` - create new event with summary "Project deadline" for 13.02.2010;
* `todo Complete my work; tomorrow 12:30` - create todo with given summary and deadline datetime;
* `event Something; 13:30` - something at 13:30 today;
* `event Other event; yesterday`
* `todo Buy new phone; in 2 years`
* `todo Complete site design; in 2 days from 10:30`
* and others...
Installation from packages:
If you are using Ubuntu Karmic you may install package plasma-runner-events from my PPA at https://launchpad.net/~alexey-noskov/+archive/kde
You can add this PPA to your system by adding `ppa:alexey-noskov/kde` to your system's Software Sources.
This PPA can be added to your system manually by copying the lines below and adding them to your system's software sources.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/alexey-noskov/kde/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/alexey-noskov/kde/ubuntu karmic main
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIRS ..
sudo make install
(your $KDEDIRS is where you install your KDE 4)
Alt-F2 to launch KRunner and in the runners list you will find events runner.
You may browse source code online at http://github.com/alno/plasma-runner-events.
Feel free to fork and patch!
Here are some key features of "Events Plasma Runner":
· Time format - `h:m`
· Date format - `d.M.yyyy`
· `in 2 minutes/hours [from ...]`
· `in 10 days/weeks/months/years [from ...]`
· KDE Software Compilation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New commands: 'complete' and 'comment'
· Some localization friendness