Shrinkta is a DVD backup tool for the GNOME desktop.
The main objectives of the project are as follows:
· Be able to backup a single DVD movie title to a single layer DVD disk.
· Be able to backup an entire DVD to a similar capacity disk.
· Provide a way to easily master a simple DVD from compatible video and audio streams.
· The project is at an early stage of development and currently consists of two parts.
· A library that is called libdvd.
· A small test program named shrinkta.
· Tcrequant is used to resize the video stream if required. Tcrequant is part of the transcode package.
· Mplex is used to multiplex the video and audio stream/s into a DVD compatible mpeg2 stream. MPlex is part of the mjpegtools package.
· Dvdauthor creates the DVD titleset and DVD Table Of Contents.
· Mkisofs creates the disk image.
· Nautilus-cd-burner can be used to write the image to disk.
What's New in This Release:
· Wrote a reasonable user manual.
· Added screen shots for manual.
· Added help to shrinkta menu and preferences dialog.
· Cleanup build now more GNOME-a-fied.
· rpm spec file updates.
· Remove internal copy of dvdnav. Added dependancy for libdvdread with check in configure.in
· Completed dvd_disk_stop_backup() in dvd-disk.c
· Tidy up app.c setting sensitivity of widgets. You can now stop a full backup.
· Added DvdRegion type and region code to dvd-obj
· dvd-disk.c now compares region when performing a full backup and changes the backup to match region in dvd-obj.
· Completed LPCM decoder in libdvd
· Changed preferred audio in preferences to AC3 or LPCM instead of DTS.
· Added dvd_demux_reset to dvd-demux.h and dvd-demux.c. This unref's all decoders so the next data sent to the demuxer will generate only the reqiured (and fresh) decoders.