Metacity is a GNOME project designed to replace the Metacity window manager, offering compositing functionality.
Metacity is an open source software that is distributable with the GNOME desktop environment.
Here are some key features of "Mutter":
· Uses GTK+ 2.0 for drawing window frames
· Does not expose the concept of "window manager" to the user.
· Includes only the window manager; does not try to be a desktop environment. The pager, configuration, etc. are all separate and modular.
· Has a simple theme system and a couple of extra themes come with it.
· GObject Introspection
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix miscellaneous memory leaks [Pavel; #698710]
· Fix binding remaining grabbed after clearing all strokes [Rui; #697000]
· Misc fixes [Stef; #698179]
· Rui Matos, Pavel Vasin, Stef Walter
· Kjartan Maraas [nb]