MAC Universal Barcode Font package creates multiple barcode types from a single advanced font. The MAC install package includes examples for Office 2004, FileMaker, and OpenOffice. Java, C++, and AppleScript source code are available in the purchased version. It supports multiple operating systems and languages, including double-byte character sets, such as Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. It supports several barcode types including Code-128, GS1-128, EAN-128, Code-39, Interleaved 2 of 5, MSI, Codabar, USPS Intelligent Mail, OneCode, Postnet, and Planet.
Here are some key features of "MAC Universal Barcode Font":
· A Single Font that Creates Multiple Barcode Types - supports Code 128, GS1-128 (UCC/EAN-128), Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 39, MSI, Codabar, Postnet, Planet and USPS Intelligent Mail (OneCode 4-State Customer Barcode).
· Patent Pending Technology - allows extremely high-quality barcode printing and other advantages not available anywhere else.
· Royalty Free Font Tools Included - several font tools, encoders and source code modules are provided royalty-free with a license to this product. The font tools automatically convert the data that is to be encoded to a text string, that when combined with IDAutomation's universal bar code font, will create a correct barcode.
· Multiple Language and Locale Support - the universal font is compatible with multiple operating systems and locales, including Double Byte versions of Windows, such as those used in China, Korea and Japan.
· Cross-platform Support - the unique encoding in IDAutomation's font allows cross-platform support between Unix, Linux, Macintosh and Windows systems.
· Three Wide to Narrow Ratios Provided - this single font can provide wide to narrow ratios of 2:1, 2.5:1 and 3:1 for the Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar and MSI symbologies. The ratio is changed by a parameter in the function of the font tool.
· GS1-128 & UCC/EAN-128 Support - When using the universal fonts for GS1-128, UCC-128 or EAN-128 barcodes, the IDAutomation_Uni_C128() function in the font tools provides an automated method of encoding one or more AI. Additionally, when printed at 12 points the "IDAutomation Uni M" font is specifically designed for GS1-128 barcodes where a size of .5" tall and an X dimension of 10 mils is required. Read more about how to encode GS1-128 in IDAutomation's Code 128 FAQ.
· Seven Different Heights Provided - The fonts are scaleable and should be printed at the correct font size to suit the application and scanner equipment. In addition to using the point size to set the font width, seven (7) versions of the fonts are provided to support different height requirements.
· Low Resolution Printer Support - The universal barcode fonts are designed to print precisely on 203 DPI thermal printers and 300 DPI printers in addition to higher resolution printers.
· USPS Support - When printed at 16 points, the "IDAutomation Uni L" font will produce the exact dimensions for GS1 Code-128 required by the USPS special services, which is a height of .75" and an X dimension of .013". This package also supports other USPS symbologies such as Intelligent Mail, OneCode Solution and Postnet and Planet.
· Canada Post Support - When printed at 21 points, the "IDAutomation Uni L" font will produce the dimensions required by the CANADA POST, which is a height of 1" and an X dimension of .017".
· Easy Function Encoding Capability - IDAutomation's font tools provide easy methods of encoding functions such as returns and tabs in Code-128 barcodes.
· Embeddable Functionality - The fonts included with the Developer License allow embedding and may be embedded into PDFs, Word documents and other files that support embedding, so those that do not have the fonts installed can still generate the barcode.
· Data Sheet & Implementation Examples - More technical information about this font, such as dimension specifications, is available in the User Manual.
· Multiple Formats Provided - After purchasing a license for this font, the customer will receive all versions in a single ZIP file. The following fonts are included:
· TrueType fonts are supplied in PC and Macintosh format. The TrueType TTF fonts are compatible with Macintosh OS X and all versions of Microsoft Windows, including Pocket PC. Macintosh formatted MTT TrueType fonts are compatible with Macintosh System 7.1 and above.
· OpenType OTF fonts with PostScript outlines are provided. These are compatible with Windows, Macintosh OS X and other systems supporting the OpenType format.
· PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in binary, ASCII and Macintosh versions.
· Also included in this package are PCL LaserJet soft fonts in 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24 points.
· For the most up-to-date installation procedures for Macintosh, Linux, Unix and other operating systems, visit IDAutomation's Technical Support Site.
What's New in This Release:
· The package has been updated to support new dimensions of the USPS Intelligent Mail barcode type and includes new install packages, examples, source code, and font encoders.