IDAutomation UPC/EAN Font Advantage Package is a professional, advanced font set with tools, macros, and source code that uses a single font file to create UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-14, JAN, ISBN, and Bookland bar codes.
This package uses IDAutomation's patent pending font technology to produce extremely high quality barcodes, even on low resolution printers. It contains several font versions in many font formats, including TrueType, PostScript, OpenType, and PCL.
· Over 30 font tools, macros and plug-ins are provided.
· Patent Pending font technology produces extremely high quality barcodes, even on low resolution printers.
· Includes examples for Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access and Crystal Reports.
· Supports UPC-A, UCC-12, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, JAN, Bookland and ISBN standards with a single font.
· Compatible with Microsoft Windows®, Pocket PC, Macintosh, UNIX, Linux and others.
· TrueType, OpenType, PCL laserjet soft fonts and PostScript font versions are included.
· Includes fonts without human readable text.
Here are some key features of "IDAutomation UPC/EAN Font Advantage":
· Patent Pending Technology - The latest version of this product includes new patent pending font technology which allows extremely high quality barcode printing.
· Advanced Font Encoding - IDAutomation's implementation of these symbologies allows a single advanced font to produce all UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, JAN & ISBN barcodes.
· Multiple Font Tools Included - for easy integration into applications, several font tools are provided that are free to use with IDAutomation fonts. The font tools automatically format the start, stop and check characters to the barcode font.
· Cross-platform Support - The unique encoding in IDAutomation fonts allows cross-platform support between UNIX, Macintosh and Windows® systems.
· Low Resolution Printer Support - Code128 Fonts are designed to print precisely on 203 DPI thermal printers and 300 DPI printers in addition to higher resolution printers. When printing at 203 DPI, the point size chosen should be a multiple of 6. When printing at 300 DPI, the point size chosen should be a multiple of 4.
· Five Different Heights Provided - Fonts with "S" in the name are "shortened height" fonts that are below what the UCC recommends. However, IDAutomation has observed these shorter symbols used with UPC-A and UPC-E barcodes and they do scan properly. Fonts with "M" in the name are "medium height" fonts and are recommended for printing EAN-8 and UPC-E barcodes. Fonts with "L" in the name are the largest with a height of approximately 22mm when printed at 16 points and are recommended for printing UPC-A and EAN-13 barcodes.
· Industry Standards - The UPC/EAN barcode fonts have been created to meet all UCC, EAN, European EN 797 and IEC 15420:2000 specifications. All symbols of this barcode specification are in the fonts including human readable characters and add-on symbols.
· Embeddable Functionality - The fonts included with the Developer License allow embedding into PDFs, Word documents and other files that support embedding, so those who do not have the fonts installed can still print the barcode.
· Non-Human Readable Fonts Provided - Fonts that exclude the normal human readable characters are provided in this package to support the printing of the human readable variation implementation.
Multiple Formats Provided - After purchasing a license for this font package, the customer will receive all versions in a single ZIP file. The manual is supplied in a file named "readme.html" in the ZIP file. The following fonts are included:
· TrueType fonts are supplied in PC and Macintosh format. The TrueType TTF fonts are compatible with Macintosh OS X and all versions of Microsoft Windows, including Pocket PC. Macintosh formatted MTT TrueType fonts are compatible with Macintosh System 7.1 and above.
· OpenType OTF fonts with PostScript outlines are provided. These are compatible with Windows®, Macintosh OS X and other systems supporting the OpenType format.
· PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in binary, ASCII and Macintosh versions.
· Also included in this package are PCL laserjet soft fonts in 12, 16, 20 and 28 points.
· The Developer License grants the right to convert IDAutomation's fonts to other formats as necessary including TrueDoc and OpenType.
· More information is available about the font types provided.
· For the most up to date installation procedures for Macintosh, UNIX and other operating systems, please visit IDAutomation's Technical Support Site.
· Data Sheet & Implementation Examples - For more technical information about the fonts such as character set detail and calculating the check character, please review the UPC/EAN Font Data Sheet.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Thermal printer support was improved.
· An additional smaller sized font was added.
· Higher quality PCL font versions were added.
· UPC E system 1 is supported.
· Additional symbols are used to identify quiet zones and additional fonts that do not have text interpretations.