Digital Clock Font
KDE 4.x should provide 'shadow effect' for it! to make it look exactly like KDE 3's kicker clock.
HOW TO INSTALL:
1. extract the font digitalk-mono.ttf say in your home folder
2. right-click on the digitalk-mono.ttf -> (choose) actions-> install...
3. personal or system (your choice)
4. restart plasma-desktop; "killall -TERM plasma-desktop; plasma-desktop" or logout and logon back
5. right-click on the digital-clock in the panel, choose -> digital clock settings
6. choose 'digitalk-mono' in drop-down menu of font-style
7. set custom color (black) for better visibility.
8. click ok,
and there's your beautiful digital clock!