search4files project is a handy file search tool using different backends which is configurable via the command line.
This program acts as a frontend for different file search engines. The interface is intentionally lightweight and simple. But it takes configuration options from the command line.
Currently find, (s)locate, tracker and beagle are supported as backends.
· GTK+ version 2.4.x
· python-xdg (optional)
What's New in This Release:
· add method 'doodle'
· use HPaned to make findbar resizable
· new search method ComboBox
· add cl option for search method
· add cl option for 'exact match'
· add cl option for 'include hidden files'
· more flexible find method handling
· exact search for any method
· search for files by type
· better dependency handling
· add keywords autocompletion
· show keywords in statusbar
· add 'Copy' to popup menu