A file manager with accurate and fast filetype detection
Xplorer is an open source software compatible with POSIX conformant operating systems.
- GPL license
- Plain C++, using the C++ standard library.
- Tree and list field.
- Cut and paste (can handle INCR and MULTIPLE protocol)
- Drag'n' Drop (Xdnd v. 5).
- File sorting by name, modification time, file size or file type.
- File type detection using both file magic and filename/suffix.
- Binary search used on preformatted tables, resulting in fast file type detection.
- File Preview (as Icon) of supported image files and desktop entries.
- Automatic decompression of files
- Tape archive reading support
- GUI customizable
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- C++X can read png images without the help of external liraries. The pnglite library has been modified and adapted to provide this functionality.
- The icons are provided in sizes of 16, 22, 32 and 48 pixels.
- XCursor and SVG file type detection has been added.
- Previews of XCursor files are possible.