VimExplorer is a Vim plugin that works as a file manager. It can do a lot of file operations such as copy, delete, move, preview, search and so on. Also it has a variety of other capacities and customization abilities.
You can start VimExplorer by the following command:
Then it will ask you for the starting directory, default is the current path.
VimExplorer (directory): /home/username/
You can change it to some other directories or just press "Enter" to start it.
The second approach to start VimExplorer:
Now, VimExplorer will start using the path '/usr/src/'. When you are typing
the path, < tab > and < ctrl-d > will help you to complete the path automatically.
After all of these operations, you can see a new tab which has two panels
within it, one is the "Tree Panel" and the other is "File Panel". From now you
will have a happy journey using the powerful file manager.
Put vimExplorer.vim to plugin/ directory, that's all.
What's New in This Release:
· Add option VEConf_filePanelFilter.
· Bug fix: Escape < space > in command 'e' 'se' 'u' and '='.
· Bug fix: 'Cut' and 'Paste' command causes file lost.
· Change the default hotkey 'M' and 'B' to 'm','J'.
· Change forward and backward hotkey to |< c-o >| and |< c-i >|(< tab >).
· Change hotkey |< tab >| to |< c-tab >|.
· Change hotkey |mr| |mv| |md| |me| |mc| to |Mr| |Mv| |Md| |Me| |Mc|.
· When GUI is running, use confirm() to pop a dialog instead of input().