Thunar application is a new modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment. Thunar has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any confusing or useless options.
Thunar is fast and responsive with a good start up time and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using Assistive Technologies and is fully standards compliant.
· GTK version 2.6.x
· libexo 0.3.1.4 or above,
· libpng12 1.2.0 or above,
· shared-mime-info 0.15 or above
· desktop-file-utils 0.10 or above.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Bugfixes and improvements:
· Fix crash when entering the same hidden directory twice in the location entry (Bug #4847).
· Pass the current event time to startup notification, so focus stealing works properly.
· Fix the Thunar font thumbnailer (Bug #4821).
· Do not use msgctxt as it is not supported and breaks in older gettext.
· Optional nano version added to configure.in.in.
· Fix crash in the tree side pane when hidden files are toggled (Bug #2502).
· Always show an error dialog if one of the files passed via the command line cannot be opened.
· Only show eject option for devices when requires_eject is TRUE (Bug #3978).
· Fix crash when cd drive is ejected (Bug #4257).
· Use posix_fadvise() for copying large files.
· Use -V for version information.
· Restore the selection after deleting a file (Bug #3884).
· Fix completion in the path bar when ~/ is used (Bug #2973).
· Change the tooltip of the trash plugin from "Trash is full" to "Trash contains files" (Bug #3266).
· Popup the location selector when the dead tilde is pressed. This allows people with dead keys to use the location selector.
· Unload folders in the tree side pane when they are collapsed (Bug #4051).
· Don't monitor /proc and /dev on Linux systems.
· Implement window groups so modal dialogs don't block other Thunar windows (Bug #3586).
· Open a question dialog before removing a custom action (Bug #3838).
· Make the first alpha numeric character upper-case in the case renamer (Bug #3559).
· Update links to the Glib reference manual in the docs (Bug #4555).
· Only respond to the predefined key bindings for deleting files when the user has not set a custom accelerator (Bug #4173).
· Implement menu providers in the side pane popup menus (Bug #2740).
· Unmounted volumes are 50% translucent so give some visual feedback.
· Add rename option to the tree side pane popup menu.
· Don't go back in the history anymore if the new directory is the first one in the backward history (Bug #4661).
· Implement reorder, positioned drag and drop and rubberbanding in the renamer dialog (Bug #3325).
· Change Name value of the desktop entry to "Thunar File Manager".
· Go back and forward using the 8th and 9th button on the mouse (Bug #4687).
· Various compilers warnings were fixed, some performace improvements and less memory allocations.
· Fix build on MacOS X (bug #4433).
· Don't create thunar symlink on case-insensitive filesystems (bug #4430).
· Add thunar-wallpaper-plugin for setting the wallpaper on xfdesktop >= 4.5.90
· Fix .desktop file to launch thunar-settings dialog with xfce4-settings-manager
· Update Albanian, Basque, Belarusian, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, English (GB), Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmal, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian translations.