Openspace is powerful, flexible, and utterly configurable file manager for UNIX systems, written using the FOX toolkit.
Openspace is flexible, powerful and utterly configurable file manager for UNIX systems, written using the FOX toolkit.
- Support for two panel view and single panel view
- Graphically configurable, you don't need to look at configuration file (but you can, it is written in XML)
- Powerful file recognition system allows you to configure how files of different types are shown (with colors and icons), and what happens when you doubleclick them
- Option for automatic configutation after first run
- Internal support for most file operations (copy, move, rename, makedir etc)
- Long operations are run in separated thread like for example copying/moving you can use program during this process
- Open Source software licensed under the GNU General Public License
- Extensibility two types of plugins you can download and install them easily from configuration menu in program
- Virtual File System plugins adds supports for file systems like ftp, compressed files (tar.bz2,tar.gz) you can use them like local files
- Commands plugins contain new commands with GUI
- Drag and Drop support compatible with KDE and GNOME applications
- Thumbnails support
- Copy and paste
- Very fast and comfortable moving through directories
- Three icons display modes: big icons, small icons and details
- Add new commands, change existings
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!