Martini is a powerful file manager.
Martini is a file manager for linux, it is written in c and only need Imlib2, glib and fam to work. Martini was written with speed and user-friendly in mind.
The core make use of plugin to display different view (icons, list, image, ecc..). In this way it's very simple to add new views and to use the program in different environment. In fact don't depend by any specific desktop such as gnome or kde.
Martini try to be more freedesktop standard as possible and follow this specification: mime-spec, icon-theme, thumbnail-spec.
For now I have quite finish the GtkIcon and GtkList plugin. There are also, but in really early stage, an Icon plugin that use the new EFL for the best eye-candy experience and a text plugin for all the console lovers.
Martini is really small and fast and don't make use of any special Desktop Environment facilities. It can be used in any environment such gnome, kde, enlightenment, and so on.
The program as an integrated image thumbnailer, and can make use of external thumbnailer helper.
Here are some key features of "Martini":
· Martini is really small and fast and don't make use of any special Desktop
· It can be used in any environment such gnome, kde, enlightenment, and so on.
· Martini follow this standards to be more compatible as possible:
· X Window System Drag and Drop Protocol
· Freedesktop.org MIME Shared Info
· Freedesktop.org Thumbnail
· Freedesktop.org Icon Theme
· Rox Application Directory
· Freedesktop.org Trash Spec (not yet implemented)
· This is the list of the standard drafts that will be implemented when they become more stable.
· Freedesktop.org Startup Notification
· Freedesktop.org Desktop Entry
· Freedesktop.org Clipboard
· Martini make the mount process of any storage device transparent to the user.
· You just have to connect your USB-Stick (or any other device) to have it appear in the goto menu
· If a device is not yet mounted then pmount is executed trasparently.
· HAL is used to find filesystems attached to the system, also when they are not mounted end not listed in the fstab file.
· The program as an integrated image thumbnailer, and can make use of external thumbnailer helper.
· As you can see in the screenshots section the image thumbnailer engine can apply fancy (themable) border to the miniature.
· The thumbnail are Freedesktop compliant.
· Martini use FAM to monitor change made on the filesystem.
· Martini use script like nautilus do.
· Application directory are self contained applications.
· Read more about Application Directory on the Rox Wiki
XWindow Primary Clipboard
· Martini support the primary linux-style copy/paste operation.
· If you select some file and press the mouse middle button in another directory then the selected file will copyed to the new location in one-click