GNOME Commander is file manager aimed at people who want a fast and efficient file manager. GNOME Commander can currently perform most common file operations, and will detect changes to files caused by other programs and update its views without the need for the user to manually reload. The program also supports Copy and Paste, DND and MIME.
The program has some basic FTP support through GnomeVFS, but it's not very good. It's good enough to download/upload files, but lacks more advanced functions, like issuing SITE commands.
Here are some key features of "GNOME Commander":
- Drag'n drop.
- GNOME mimetypes.
- FTP using GnomeVFS ftp module.
- Quick device access buttons with automatic mounting and unmounting ("no-mount" option for supermount users).
- Rightclick context menus with the most usual file operations, plus configurable "send-to" favorite applications.
- Latest accessed folder history.
- Folder bookmarks.
- Plugin support under development.
- This version fixes a problem with broken links n documentation.
- It also updates the Czech, Esperanto, French, German, Slovenian, and Spanish translations.