A simple and efficient X11 file manager for Linux
FileRunner was created to ease you from the burden of typing thousands of "ls", "cd", "mv", "rm" and "cp" in a day just to get your work done.
The interface has been made as efficient as possible to be able to compete with the speed of command line usage. FileRunner is implemented in Tcl/Tk and a little C.
- Simple and powerful interface.
- History and Hotlist (bookmarks).
- Recursive directory menu of entire file system tree.
- Browse FTP directories as easy as normal directories.
- FTP capabilities:
- Copy: FTP files/directories upload/download (recursive).
- FTP Delete (recursive), FTP Makedir, FTP Rename.
- Supports FTP through proxy.
- FTP resume download function.
- Rule based configuration of FTP site logins (password/user/proxy).
- Asynchronous file transfer.
- Cached directory listings.
- Asynchronous file operations.
- Built-in command shell windows. Synchronized with file panels. These have history, aliases and file name completion.
- Extendable by adding your own command buttons.
- Very configurable.
- User defined file pattern / actions. (*.jpg -> launch image viewer etc.).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added more information to the 'status line' (the line just under the File Configuration ... etc. menu items) balloon help message.
- Added code to the 'makerelease' awk script to do all the new things needed to build a release (build the TofC for tips, build the RPM & DEB files, move it all to the new release directory).