Dolphin is a file manager for KDE focusing on usability.
Here are some key features of "Dolphin File Manager":
· Navigation bar for URLs, which allows to navigate quickly through the file hierarchy.
· View properties are remembered for each folder.
· Splitting of views is supported.
· Network transparency.
· Undo/redo functionality.
Dolphin is not intended to be a competitor to Konqueror, the default KDE file manager: Konqueror acts as universal viewer being able to show HTML pages, text documents, directories and a lot more, whereas Dolphin focuses on being only a file manager. This approach allows to optimize the user interface for the task of file management.
What's New in This Release:
· Split view divides the window in two equal sections.
· Updated the documentation how to make Dolphin the default file manager (Michael Austin).
· Updated Estonian translation (Ain Vagula).