A Linux desktop search application that helps users to easily find their files and documents
Supported document formats include HTML and plain text (both customizable), Portable Document Format (PDF), Microsoft Office Word (doc), Excel (xls) and PowerPoint (ppt), OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Draw and Impress, Rich Text Format (rtf), AbiWord (abw, abw.gz, zabw), Microsoft Compiled HTML Help (chm), and Microsoft Visio (vsd).
- Detection of HTML pairs (e.g. "foo.htm" and a folder named "foo_files")
- Various file operations on the document repository (e.g. creating folders, inserting new files) can be performed through DocFetcher's interface.
- Customizable text and HTML file extensions (e.g. "nfo", "cpp", "java", "py", "shtml", and so on)
- Regular expression based exclusion of files from indexing
- Automatic index updates on changes to the indexed documents (optional).
- Preview panel with search-term highlighting and a simple built-in web browser
- Search results can be sorted and filtered according to different criteria (filetype, filesize, path, etc.).
- A portable version for both Windows and Linux is available, which, amongst other things, is useful in combination with volume encryption (TrueCrypt).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added EPUB support.
- Advanced settings: New entry 'SkipTarArchives' for disabling tar archive support.