Atol is a dual panel file manager written using GTK+ toolkit and C++ programming language.
Atol is a Norton Commander clone, classical dual panel file manager. Atol features common file operations, archive browsing (.zip, .tar, .gz, .arj, .bz2, .Z) and a lot more.
It is portable to both Linux and Windows OS (using C++ and GTK+ toolkit).
Here are some key features of "Atol":
· common file operations (copy,move,delete,rename)
· support for achiver plugins (.zip, .tar, .gz, .bz2, .arj, .rar, .lst)
· file search
· browsing bookmarks (directory shortcuts menu)
· file list filtering
· file split and merge support
· file hash calculation (crc32, md5, sha1)
· file encryption/decryption using strong blowfish algorithm
· multilanguage support
· fast file viewer (text, bin and hex mode)
· This is a huge bug cleanup release, hopefully moving atol into much stable state (considered beta now).
· Notable new features: moving to trash (Del moves to trash, Shift+Del deletes the file)
· Turkish (thanks to Burak Cayir), Portugese (thanks to Rui Maciel), Slovenian (thanks to Tadej Humar), Estonian (thanks to Eero Vegmann), Tamil (thanks to Viveka Nathan K.), Slovak (thanks to Michal Adámek) and Hungarian translation (thanks to Imre Kovács).
What's New in This Release:
· This is mostly bugfix release with small usability improvements.