AjaxBrowser is a free file manager for web sites, primarily write in AJAX and using the HTTP protocol. Ajax-Browser massively uses AJAX technology to increase web page's interactivity, speed/fluidity, functionality, and usability compare to the widely use FireFTP FTP protocol software and its heaviness.
We currently look for support to improve AjaxBrowser, to expand the set of languages available, and to let know about AjaxBrowser as a web file management solution.
Ajax Browser is an unique project on the web which aims to ease the management of files by webmasters, but also by common users by providing a free and optimized AJAX based portable application : You just need a web browser to manage website's files and folders like files and folders on your own computer, allowing cut/slide/paste actions, drag'n drop actions, displaying gallery/thumbnails or list/tree view, compress, etc.
Visitors are usually allowed to rename, move, compress and download/upload files, while Administrators can have some more features such the abilities to edit source files online and make (hard risk) deletions. Rights of each users are according to the main administrator will.
Here are some key features of "AjaxBrowser":
· 100% compatible with Firefox, Opera and Konqueror, developped on a GNU/Linux system (Ubuntu);
· HTTP protocol to make it portable;
· drag'n drop actions and cut/copy/past [...] actions with keyboard;
· Multi-account system to manage users;
· Rights management for each user;
· Thumbnails or tree view mode as well;
· Upload file (according to user's rights);
· Download file and folder (according to user's rights);
· Batch renaming;
· Complex selection using SHIFT or CTRL;
· Files and folders properties.