nextShows is a desktop applet for SuperKaramba that displays your favorite TV shows schedule.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST: If you're using the previous version (1.0.0) you *MUST* remove your previous configuration/cache files or chances are nextShows 2.0.0 won't behave correctly.
Just do ...
$ rm -rf ~/.superkaramba/nextShows
... and everything should be sane enough for you to run this new version !
I originally wrote this widget for myself and a couple of friends. In fact I didn't plan to release it publicly but some guys convinced me to do so. There were a bunch of releases before the first public release (which I decided to number v1.0.0 since it seemed stable enough).
Between the 1.0.0 and 2.0.0 releases, most parts of the code were fully rewritten and the project also found a new home (http://code.google.com/p/nextshows/) where you can also fetch the latest development version through SVN.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1) When the widget if fully running you can left-click on the column entitled "When?" to change the way of displaying past/remaining days.
2) When left-clicking on a show name/title, the episode description will open on your browser.
3) You can change various nextShows' parameters by right-clicking on the widget and selecting "Configure Theme" -> "Configure..."
· KDE v3.5.x (if you use an older KDE release, make sure SuperKaramba is up to date)
· Python v2.5 or later (previous versions WON'T work)
· Qt v4.3.1 or later
· PyQt v4.3.1 or later