SoundMania is a desktop applet designed for the purpose of displaying information and control of known media players.
It supports amaroK, noatun, XMMS, rhythmbox, KsCD, kaffeine, JuK, Kaboodle, BMP.
It works best with superkaramba 0.37 or higher.)
For XMMS support you need to install the xmmsctrl package (which depends on xmms-devel):
Different backgrounds to make the theme compatible with most popular ones.
Here are some key features of "SoundMania":
· Displays artist name, song title, remaining time, bitrate(amaroK & JuK only) of the playing song.
· Displays the album cover if available (Look at the screenshots!). Rounded edges option (requires ImageMagick)
· Interactive progress bar: You can browse through the song by clicking on the progress bar.
· Control buttons
· Mouse wheel over the applet controls the volume.
· Menu choice to switch between the players.
· Auto-select player feature.
· Menu choices to display the album cover, shadow text, change the text and progressbar colors, the background and buttons.
· Customizable the text color.
· Customizable layout (limited)
· Configuration window (requires PyQt, or kdebindings).
· Detection of PyKDE (or kdebindings) libraries. If found the script does native dcop calls, which take less CPU.
· Optional 'Fetch albumcover for the currently playing track from internet' function. This saves the albumcovers in the ~/.albumcovers directory. When using amarok this function first checks amarok for the albumcover. In order to download an albumcover from internet, the artist and album name infos must be correctly entered in the id3 tag of the track.