SuperKaramba interface to Kopete.
Note: The first time it runs, it will show all online contacts. Once you run the config dialog and click OK, it will only show the contacts you have selected to be monitored.
Here are some key features of "SKopete":
· Displays the Kopete contact list on the desktop. Support automatic and configurable positioning/resizing
· Displayed contacts are configurable
· Has the buddy pounce/notification feature. See screenshot of config dialog
· Has basic Kopete controls (Online, Offline, Away and Start Chat)
· Indicates basic presence status (online, offline and away) for all contacts
· Resource (dcop calls) usage is independent of number of contacts
· For theme developers. I have built on the SKoot API to create basic layout management and event dispatching classes. They are independent of SKopete (see skopete_gui.py). If there's interest, I'll post a link to the API docs. Similarly the communication with Kopete is in a independent backend (kopete.py)
· Ensure Kopete is running
· In the config dialog, you can specify which contacts should be monitored, and also whether to display offline contacts
· By default SKopete, automatically resizes and repositions itself as contacts go online/offline. If you want it to stay in place, choose the manual layout policy in the Look&Feell section of the config dialog
· You can select custom photos as well a notifications and pounces for all contacts in the Buddies section of the config dialog.
· If you make any changes to the contact list in Kopete, you should reload SKopete via the right click menu
· KDE >= 3.5.0
· SuperKaramba >= 0.37
· Python >= 2.4
· PyQt >= 3.14
· PyKDE (Optional): Only tested with PyKDE from the kdebindings module. Gentooers please use the (kde-base/pyde-3.5.0 ebuild)
· kttsd (Optional): Enables speaking out of notifications
What's New in This Release:
· Patch to add support for pykde >= 3.16.0