Aero AIO: cpu/mem plugin mod 2.1.4
Aero AIO: cpu/mem plugin mod is a mod of the cpu/memory plugin for aero aio.
Look at the files cpumemv2_backend.py, cpumemv2_default.py and cpumemv2_i8k.py to learn how to write backends.
Here are some key features of "Aero AIO cpu mem plugin mod":
· default backend that supports CPU temeratures via /proc/acpi/thermal_zone and hard disk temperatures via hddtemp. You can start hddtemp by (as root)
· hddtemp -d /dev/hda
· Replace hda with the hard disk you want monitored.
· ibmacpi backend (for IBM laptops). Thanks to Frank Fiene. Supports CPU, GPU, hdd, fan and pci data, via the ibm acpi kernel module. Boy those IBM laptops have a lot of sensors!
· i8k backend (for Dell laptops). Supports cpu temp and fan speeds via the i8k kernel module.
· The backends are cascaded. The code automatically looks through all backends for support of each feature. the final feature set is the union of all backends
· If an update temporarily fails (this tends to happen with hddtemp), it is indicated on the theme by the : in front of the sensor name becoming an _
· Aero AIO 0.9.1
· Use the config dialog of Aero AIO to install the .aiz file
· The port on which the plugin tries to communicate with hddtemp can be configured
· If your hardware isn't supported write a backend and send it to me
What's New in This Release:
· Add support for NVidia GPU core temp