Infobright Community Edition (ICE) is an open source software solution designed to deliver a scalable data warehouse optimized for analytic queries.
The architecture delivers the following key benefits:
* Ideal for data volumes up to 50TB
* Market-leading data compression (from 10:1 to over 40:1), which drastically reduces I/O (improving query performance) and results in significantly less storage than alternative solutions
* No licensing fees
* Fast response times for ad hoc analytic queries
* Query and load performance remains constant as the size of the database grows
* No requirement for specific schemas, e.g. Star schema
* No requirement for materialized views, complex data partitioning strategies, or indexing
* Simple to implement and manage, requiring little administration
* Reduction in data warehouse capital and operational expenses by reducing the number of servers, the amount of storage needed and their associated maintenance costs, and a significant reduction in administrative costs
* Runs on low cost, off-the-shelf hardware
* Is compatible with major Business Intelligence tools such as Pentaho, Jaspersoft, Cognos, Business Objects, and others
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version includes enhanced query performance as well as the GA release of UTF-8 support.