GT.M is the high-performance database engine offered by FIS (Fidelity National Information Services).
GT.M is designed for business continuity and intense transaction processing throughput.
Here are some key features of "GT.M":
- Key-value database files into the TB range
- ACID (Atomic, Consistent, Isolated, Durable) transactions
- Large scale replication for business continuity
- Thousands of concurrent users at largest production sites
- Plug-in architecture for database encryption
- Adds IPv6 support for TCP connections. All GT.M uses of TCP/IP except the deprecated "TCP" devices use TCP over both IPv4 and IPv6.
- Maintains $KEY for terminal operation and introduces the [NO]EMPT[ERM] device parameter for terminal devices, which allows an "erase" character to terminate a READ when there are no characters in the input buffer.
- Improves critical section management and deadlock detection.
- Simplifies operational management.
- Provides a number of other enhancements, improvements in robustness, and bugfixes.