BlackRay is an innovative, fully relational database system designed to offer performance features commonly associated with search engines. It offers SQL support, ODBC and JDBC driver options, as well as sophisticated operational and management features.
The entire package is available as free and open source software under the GPLv2.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release introduces support for the postgres protocol. You can now use your postgreSQL JDBC/ODBC drivers to connect to BlackRay.
· The SQL parser has undergone some heavy changes. SQL parsing is now handled on the server side.
· Initial support for python language bindings has been added.
· Usage of the command-line tools has been simplified.
· The syntax of the configuration file has also changed.
· We’ve added some more examples to demonstrate the usage of the language bindings.