squid_auth_shadow provides a shadow-based authentication module for squid.
squid_auth_shadow is a small authentication module for squid. It uses information from /etc/shadow for authentication.
Aliases for UNIX user names may be used and certain users may be explicitly blocked.
The module works on every system which uses shadow passwords.
· the Squid Proxy Server
· a system with shadow passwords
· a perl distribution with suidperl installed
What's New in This Release:
· A logging facility was added.
· The standard output is now flushed before serving authentication to squid.
· It should no longer become stuck in certain rare cases.