ceODBC is a Python extension module that enables access to databases using the ODBC API and conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few exceptions.
For more information on the database API specification, see here. Use the provided setup.py to build and install the module which makes use of the DistUtils module made available in Python 2.0 and up.
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds support for time data, and adds support for those drivers that do not support transactions.
· In addition, Python 2.4 is now supported.
· The setup script and associated configuration files were streamlined to make it easier to build and distribute packages.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for Python 3.x and Unicode.
· Added support for 64-bit Python installations.
· Added test suites for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQL Server.
· Added support for cursor nextset().
· Added support for cursor execdirect() which calls SQLExecDirect() instead
· of QLExecute() which can be necessary in order to work around bugs in
· various ODBC drivers.
· Added support for creating variables and for specifying input and output
· converters as in cx_Oracle.
· Added support for deferred type assignment for cursor executemany() as in
· Fixed a number of bugs found by testing against various ODBC drivers.