Valentina is cross-platform DBMS that makes it easy to switch between a local embedded database and server using the same sources. It supports disk and in-memory databases, field types from Bit to BLOB, and both a SQL92(99) and non-SQL API.
Valentina supports Relational, Extended Navigational, and Object-Relational data models. It introduces a revolutionary model abstraction "Link". It works natively in UTF-16, can accept 270 encodings, and features advanced features such as regular expressions, XML, full-text search, pictures, functions, and calculated fields. It offers triggers, views, and stored procedures.
- Data Editor was rewritten to work with huge tables.
- Significant performance improvements were achieved with MySQL servers serving many databases.
- The ability to set LIMIT and OFFSET was added in Query Builder.
- Queries can now be saved and loaded.
- Self recursive tables are supported in Query Builder.
- SSL keys generated with Putty can now be used.
- The speed of saving and loading dumps with MySQL and PostgreSQL was improved.
- PostgreSQL privileges can now be edited per User or per Schema.