An innovative Java-based data modeling tool geared specifically for Data Warehouse and Data Mart design.
Power*Architect project is an innovative Java-based data modeling tool geared specifically for Data Warehouse and Data Mart design. It allows the designer to open multiple concurrent source Database connections, create and explore profiles of the source data, drag and drop source schemas, tables and columns into the data modeling playpen, and forward engineer the resultant target database and its associated ETL template.
- Access any JDBC or ODBC accessible source database
- Quickly create profiles of source data, including information about the size of the data in each column, maximum and minimum values, frequency distribution of values in a column, and more.
- Profile information is saved with the project, so profile data can still be used to aid off-site design sessions when it is not possible to access the source databases.
- Design the target database Data Model (Data Warehouse)
- Compare the database structure of any two databases highlighting the structural differences and generating the required DDL to synchronize
- Compare the Data Model data structures to an existing target database
- Save a snapshot of all source systems' data structures in the project file, allowing data warehouse designers to evolve their target data model remotely
- Forward engineer to Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, and PostgreSQL and more.
- Forward engineer ETL Templates containing source-to-target data mappings
- Invoke ETL Engine to load initial set of data into the target database
- Enable easy centralized installation and updates to many end users (Supports Java WebStart technology).
- The Power*Architect can open multiple source databases concurrently, even if they are from competing database vendors. Another key feature of the Power*Architect, that sets it apart from other data modeling tools, is that it remembers the origin of each column, and is capable of automatically generating the source-to-target data mappings.
- Whether you're building or maintaining your Data Warehouse data model, the Power*Architect will provide you a complete view of all required database structures and will expedite every aspect of your data warehouse design.
- Design your Data Warehouse in a fraction of the time with the Power*Architect.
- We look forward to showing you how!
- The Power*Architect is available now for download! The product is available for free to individuals for personal use. Commercial licensing and support are available at competitive prices. Please call us at 1-866-SQL-POWR to purchase.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.9.13
- Relationship labels now display vertically if there's not enough room horizontally
- An improved installer for Windows that can detect where your Java Runtime is located, and if it is missing, it can point you to a website to download it.
- Decreased file size (down to 16 MB from 18 MB) due to cleaning out some unused libraries
- A few additional bug fixes