Ingres is a mature, high-performance relational database solution.
The project offers scalability, integration and flexibility to leverage information resources across a wide range of platforms, including Linux, Unix, OpenVMS, and Windows.
Reliable and cost effective, it supports mission-critical applications in small to medium-size businesses and high- volume deployments in large scale enterprises.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A geos crash on Fedora 13 related to gcc optimization was fixed.
· Issues with rtree indexing were fixed.
· Support was added for .deb packages (for Ubuntu and Debian).
· ingbuild based installations now install and add the geos and proj.4 libraries automatically.
· The latest bug fixes were merged in from main (including those for Ingres 10.0's GA release).
· Support for 64-bit Windows was added.