Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver 3.1
Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver lets ODBC-enabled applications access Oracle databases from Linux, Unix and Windows platforms.
The Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver uses Oracle client software to access the Oracle database. This is Oracle’s only supported method for accessing the Oracle database. The driver is compatible with the standard Oracle Database Client or the Instant Client for 10g.
The Oracle client software provides the most comprehensive access to Oracle database functionality. For example, the Oracle Advanced Security option is an Oracle client or server add-on that combines network encryption, database encryption and strong authentication to protect sensitive data stored in Oracle databases. Applications that access Oracle by using the Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver can take advantage of the Oracle Advanced Security option. This is not true of some of the Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver’s competitor’s products, which use wire protocol drivers.
Drivers that do not use the Oracle client software do not support features offered by the Oracle client software.
Even if you do not currently need the additional functionality provided by a client add-on, using the Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver gives you the option to add it later, should your requirements change.
Here are some key features of "Easysoft ODBC Oracle Driver":
· Conforms to the ODBC 3.5 specification.
· Works with ODBC 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 and 3.5 applications. Supported programming interfaces include Perl’s DBI/DBD::ODBC, Python’s mxODBC and PHP. Supported applications include ApplixWare, OpenOffice.org, StarOffice, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
· Is available in both 32bit and 64bit versions where appropriate.
· Supports Oracle Native SQL syntax.
· Works with the Oracle Database Client and the Instant Client.
· Uses Oracle Net or Net8 and client libraries, ensuring client/server compatibility.
· Uses Oracle client configuration settings, simplifying configuration and data source administration.
· Allows access to Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC). An Oracle RAC database spans multiple low-cost servers yet appears to an application as a single, unified database system. RAC combines the processing power of these servers to provide system redundancy, scalability, and high availability.
· Provides full support for all Oracle data types, including LONG and large objects (LOBs).
· Supports transactions.
· Can take part in distributed XA transactions.
· Is compatible with Oracle Advanced Security features including data integrity protection, data encryption and strong authentication using third party services such as Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS).
· Is compatible with unixODBC, the open source ODBC Driver Manager for non-Windows platforms.
· Is thread-safe and therefore safe to use behind multi-threaded applications.
· Lets you configure ODBC calls to reduce metadata and increase performance.
· Lets you generate diagnostic trace logs that enable you to monitor the ODBC calls an application makes. This helps you diagnose problems.
What's New in This Release:
· Additional UNICODE features, improved support for SQLSetPos, support for BINARY_FLOAT and BINARY_DOUBLE, and bugfixes.
Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!