Druide DB project is a simple XML file database API in Java to manage an XML database file system without database complexity (no server or client, and stores only strings).
You should try DruideDB if you are doing the following :
· If you are writing a simple application (swing, awt, RCP, ...) that needs to store some kinds of data in the simpliest way,
· If you need a DataBase whitout installing a server or a client on the final users computer,
· If you don't know SQL and your application needs a DataBase but you don't want to deal with all the pool stuff and inherent complexity,
· If you want to try DruideDB,
· If you think I'm a genius (well don't tell it, nobody will believe you !)