pyxmdb.py is a free tool to eXport or iMport data from/to a database. The project is written in Python (v2.5 and v2.4) and is meant to be as database neutral as possible. Anything that is DBMS specific, is stored in a user editable config file (pyxmdb.py.cfg).
tar -zxvf pyxmdb.v?.?.tgz
chmod +x pyxmdb.py
Here are some key features of "pyxmdb":
· import or export from/to a comma delimited text file into/from a MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Ingres or SQLite database.
· flexible logging which can be altered via a config file
· additional DBMS support can be added via a config file (no code changes required)
· import has support for auto commit after every "x" rows
· import can abort the process after "x" many errors
· export can write out a header record as the first row
· import can skip the first row if it is a header record
· export will take any valid SQL select statement and write the result to the output file
· import has some flexibility for mapping fields in the source file to columns in the destination table
· Has been test on both Linux (FC7) and Windows (XP) with Python 2.4 and 2.5
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Minor bug fix. During the code cleanup for v0.6 I accidentally broke support for using the "--sqlfile" command line parameter during an export.