A free tool to eXport or iMport data from/to a database.
tar -zxvf pyxmdb.v?.?.tgz
chmod +x pyxmdb.py
- import or export from/to a comma delimited text file into/from a MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Ingres or SQLite database.
- flexible logging which can be altered via a config file
- additional DBMS support can be added via a config file (no code changes required)
- import has support for auto commit after every "x" rows
- import can abort the process after "x" many errors
- export can write out a header record as the first row
- import can skip the first row if it is a header record
- export will take any valid SQL select statement and write the result to the output file
- import has some flexibility for mapping fields in the source file to columns in the destination table
- Has been test on both Linux (FC7) and Windows (XP) with Python 2.4 and 2.5
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Minor bug fix. During the code cleanup for v0.6 I accidentally broke support for using the "--sqlfile" command line parameter during an export.