jSlovo is a fast database engine with a GUI that was designed for free dictionaries.
The project can scan any large number of file-based databases and the size of the databases is not limited. HTML tags can be used in the text files and for cross-references.
- Databases from the text files can be created using JSlovo GUI
- It is very fast. It uses two-level indexing algorithm;
- It can scan any large number of databases. The size of the databases are not limited. All databases are disk based;
- Unlike to other JAVA databases (Derby, HSQL), the memory usage of JAVA VM is constant and does not depend on the number of booted databases;
- Created databases are very compact (databases are zipped);
- Based on UTF-8 encoding;
- One can use HTML tags in the text files for created databases;
- During the search, HTML files are created with the results of the search. Each definition can further be searched;
- Search can be done using substrings.