iSQL-Viewer is an open-source JDBC 2.x compliant database front end written in Java.
iSQL-Viewer works with most database platforms, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, and Informix. iSQL-Viewer provides a variety of tools and features to carry out common database tasks.
Here are some key features of "iSQL Viewer":
· Scripting support using JPython and the IBM BSF framework
· A guided query builder for creating simple and complex SQL queries
· Enhanced object viewing for images, HTML, and other binary format files
· A friendly SQL console for executing SQL statements
· Batch processing of SQL files
· Database introspection
· "Bookmarks" to store SQL commands you commonly use
· Import and export to popular file formats such as Microsoft Excel, XML, HTML and ASCII delimited.
· Enhanced interface support across platforms
What's New in This Release:
· A bug caused by closing of the application with a large query left in the editor was fixed along with some issues with variable substitution.'
· Some missing elements in the service wizard were corrected.
· MonetDB and Gigaspaces were added as part of the default driver set to pick from when creating a new service.