TkWiCe is a free wine cellar software. As it is written in native Tcl/Tk, you've got a real chance to use it on any operating system with that interpreter on it (you can get Tcl/Tk for any Unix like Mac OS X, Linux, *BSD, AIX, HP-UX or Solaris as well as for PowerPC and Windows).
If you want to get a fast overview about your bottles (perhaps you've got to choose one?), this might be what you are looking for.
If you're more interested in writing intellectual tasting notes take a wordprocessor like LyX or OpenOffice instead. And if 100 points are the most important thing to you, please choose other points of interest than wine (and bestow the saved money). Such things never will be added to this software:
- Focus is on pleasure, not on charts.
- Function conquers eyecandy.
- Own plain text files for each wine.
- Everything about one wine fits on 1024x768 pixel at once.
- Old computers are new enough.
- No more dependencies than Tcl/Tk (not: operating system).
- Free (means: liberty *and* free of charge).
- Don't replace wine literature (as commercial solutions try).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· special configuration option for small desktop sizes
· added "next bottle" date on default wine list
· some more list filter options
· update in growing areas
· update in classifications
· newer included tablelist package (version 5.1)
· added corresponding GNOME Shiki themes